Big Bend Yard
Big Bend Pipe Storage Facility
As an oilfield pipe trucking company dedicated to providing comprehensive services, W.M. Dewey offers customers reliable and cost-effective pipe storage and logistics solutions, including two Houston-based storage facilities.
W.M. Dewey & Son understands the need for a single source of reliable integrated oilfield pipe logistic services. Our Big Bend storage facility is equipped to provide a full spectrum of services, including pipe storage, import and export services, and transportation services.
Located just off of Highway 90 in Houston, TX, our Big Bend facility provides 60 acres of gated pipe storage and includes a 50×60 covered building available for third-party pipe inspection, beveling, threading, cleaning, and/or finishing services. Covered pipe storage and office space for company representatives and outside contractors is also available.
W.M. Dewey & Son’s Big Bend storage facility features a private railspur, capable of holding up to 16 railcars for shipping or receiving pipe. Additionally, pipe stored in W.M. Dewey’s pipe yard can be pre-loaded and held on our extra trailers to avoid detention/call out charges common at pipe processor yards. The private railspur is served by both the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation (BNSF) and Union Pacific Railroad (UP) companies, allowing pipe to be shipped directly from the manufacturer and unloaded at the storage site, reducing the additional time and transportation expenses of using a commercial track.
Comprehensive Pipe Logistics Services
W.M. Dewey & Son is committed to providing a single-source solution for all of your pipe logistic needs.
Our Big Bend pipe storage facility includes:
- Over 550 storage racks, including temporary racks
- Marked and checked racks
- 8 forklifts and 2 pettibones for pipe moving and rail car loading and unloading
- Private 16 car railspur
- Coordination of third party on-site services if needed, including pipe threading, beveling and cutting, inspection, finishing services, and cleaning
- Pipe saw that can square cut up to 16” OD
- Beveling equipment for up to 24” OD
- Backup generator for 24/7 communication and security
- Personnel on-site 24/7
- Online pipe inventory for customers
On-site services performed by W.M. Dewey at the Big Bend Yard include:
- Pipe cutting and beveling
- Pipe bundling and bolstering
- Pipe straightening
- Visual thread inspection
- Stenciling to customer specs
- Check and tally services