join the BEST driving force in houston, tx!
At W.M. Dewey, we believe our employees have been the driving force behind our ability to lead the pipe-hauling industry for over 125 years and counting.
What makes W.M. Dewey different from other trucking companies? Explore our benefits, culture, and more below. If you have any questions, click here to message our recruitment team.
About our equipment and freight
Our company-owned fleet consists of well-maintained tractors with sleeper cabs and over 100 flatbed trailers. We place a unique emphasis on transporting Oil Country Tubular Goods, including Drill Pipe, Casing, and Tubing. Drivers are responsible for safely transporting goods to specified destinations, including the storage yards at W.M. Dewey, distributor fabrication and inspection yards, wellheads, dockyards, rail yards, and more.
A minimum of 5 days of training will be provided.
Company Driver Benefits
- Sign-On Bonus for new hires – $4000 (paid in quarterly increments)
- Orientation & Training – $120 per day
- Hourly Work – $22 per hour
- Weekly Pay Guarantee – $700 gross
- Competitive Pay Per Load (up to 28%)
- Annual Pay Increase (first 7 years)
- Referral Bonus- $1,500
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance after 90 days
- Paid Time off after 6 months
- Direct Deposit at 90 days
- 2 Weeks of PTO after the first year
- 401k Plan with Match
- Average runs are within a 500-mile radius of Houston
- Frequent and Consistent Hometime
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Quarterly performance bonus based on revenue
- Annual safety bonus (minimum $500 for one year without a vehicle, property, cargo, and or injury damage)
- Additional $100.00 safety bonus for each consecutive vehicle and cargo accident-free and lost time injury-free year
- $50 Gift Card for Clean DOT Inspection
- Pay Incentive for Clean Trucks
- PeopleNet messaging system
- 24/7 access to dispatch
- Onsite fueling and DEF
- Waybill scanning
- Electronic logs
We don’t just say we treat our drivers like family, we mean it! Since 1895 our mission has been to treat everyone just like family. You can expect to have a dedicated dispatch team, be greeted by your name, and a smile every time you walk through the doors.
Join us today and be next to get some swag shown!