W.M. Dewey Career Opportunities
As the oldest oilfield hauling company in Texas, W.M. Dewey & Son understands what it takes to weather the ups and downs and thrive in a highly competitive industry. At W.M. Dewey, we believe our employees have been the driving force behind our ability to lead the pipe hauling industry for over 100 years.
At W.M. Dewey, you’ll be part of one of the most well-known and respected trucking teams throughout Houston and the nation. In addition to the having highest safety rating awarded by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), W.M. Dewey is known within the Houston Police Department and the Texas Department of Public Safety as being a safety-driven company with well-maintained equipment, and has been awarded numerous accolades relating to safety, including the 2013 Grand Fleet Trophy for Fleet Safety for Texas.
W.M. Dewey is a family-owned and operated trucking company, and we treat our drivers with the family principles on which we built our business.
Benefits of working with W.M. Dewey & Son include:
- Hourly work pays $18/hour
- Orientation and training is $120/day
- Weekly pay guarantee of $700
- Average Weekly Pay $750.00 – $1000.00 gross pay
- Competitive pay per load (up to 28%)
- Annual pay increase (first 7 years)
- Sign-on bonus ($1,600 paid quarterly for the first year)
- Referral bonus ($1,000)
- Quarterly performance bonus based on revenue
- Annual safety bonus (minimum $500 for one year vehicle and cargo accident free)
- Additional $100.00 safety bonus for each consecutive vehicle and cargo accident free and lost time injury free year
- Safety Prizes
- $50 Gift Card for Clean DOT Inspection
- Pay Incentive for Clean Trucks
- Paid time off after 6 months; 2 weeks PTO after first year
- 401k plan with match (high percentage match)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 3 full months of employment
- Average distance/day driven: 250 miles
- Home most nights
- Reimbursement for cell phone
- PeopleNet system equipped trucks
- Electronic Logs
To learn more about the benefits of driving with W.M. Dewey and to fill out an application, visit our driver application page.